Software and web development in particular was my passion for more than 15 years. First I did a lot of freelance and contractor work to increase the breadth of my knowledge which I would put in these Zen-esque bullet points:
- There’s no silver bullet, every decision is a trade-off and the best one can do is to understand the sides of it.
- Code is direct result of mental effort and is an extension of the culture of its author(s).
- People around you are more important than your humble opinion.
- Excellence is what makes a difference.
Here goes the list of the technologies I’ve been actively working with the last year:
My demand of excellence attracted me to the DevOps positions (currently SRE) where I got a lot of exposure to operations, solving problems from the following areas:
- Containers & Orchestration
- Monitoring & Automation
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Networking and Content Delivery